Friday, January 8, 2010

How do you go about becoming a Childrens book illustrator ?

I belong to a local art society and recently did a critic night. A few people mentioned that my paintings and drawings would be good for Childrens books. It gave me an idea. As I would love to make money from my work. I am 25 with a 7mth old daughter. So would be a lovely thing to do. But how do you go about it. The only qualification I have is a GRADE B in G.C.S.E Art ? Many ThanksHow do you go about becoming a Childrens book illustrator ?
Little Tiger Press ~ why not submit something to them and see what happens.





Why not do a book of your own and accompany your own words? Worth a try!





I am a writer and I am always looking for artists for a project that I am working on. Can you draw animals?!? If you can, could you please email me.How do you go about becoming a Childrens book illustrator ?
Maybe you could ask the council like mine is sefton but ask your local council for advice and while that is going on you could sell or sent away to different publishers your artwork.I am sure you will get some where in the write direction but it may take a bit of time.Good Luck!
Make copies of your art and send it to a publishing company. They will give you some good feed back.
Get a copy of the artists and writers handbook2008 it has list after list of firms publishers etc and you can make choices from ther, Your library prob has it in its reference section or maybe Smiths or Waterstones woll order it for you





then do what the person after me says. Send good quality copies not originals. Send pencils, black and white inks and some colour artworks

No comments:

Post a Comment