Friday, January 8, 2010

What are the websites that i can find an illustrator? Iam interested of writing Children's books?

But I want the bookstores to sell the books, how can i make them choose my book. How do i contact an illustrator? What are the websites for me to find one? Please help.What are the websites that i can find an illustrator? Iam interested of writing Children's books?
As a writer, you don't have to worry about getting illustrations for your book, the publishing companies usually work with illustrators and will chose one that will be able to illustrate your story effectively..





Children's Book Council is at www.cbcbooks.org--they have a row of tabs on the lower left hand side of the page with authors and illustrators directory.





Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators is at www.scbwi.org





You should go to a bookstore like Barnes and noble and find books that are similar to yours--age group written for, style and then look who published it. Once you've found some potentials, Then you can go to their Internet sites and see if they accept unsolicited stories without an agent. If they don't you might consider looking for other publishers or geting an agent. You might also try getting some books on writing for Children from a bookstore like the aforementioned and it will have a bunch of listings for publishers and just a lot of useful information for aspiring writers. Good Luck!!What are the websites that i can find an illustrator? Iam interested of writing Children's books?
You stand a better chance of being published if you submit your manuscript without illustrations. Your best bet is to go to a children's writers' and illustrators' conference, where you can make an appointment with an agent and pitch in person.
I don't know any websites, but I believe that in publishing, your illustrator is chosen for you. When you send your manuscript, if the publisher accepts it, they will handle the charges to hire the illustrator they think best fits your book. Usually, you will not meet your illustrator.





I hope I informed you!
I'm a writer myself, fiction novel specifically, but I've done all my own illustrations. I've never illustrated for anyone else but I'd be happy to help out if I can. I would imagine they're pricey. Google for illustrators and you should come up with something. Otherwise let me know and I'll e-mail you some drawings if you want to give me a subject.


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment